skip to main content
Terms & Conditions
- These booking Terms and Conditions (Terms) form the basis of your contract with Virgo Villas Ltd t/a Virgo Villas Barbados (a company
registered in England and Wales whose company registration number is 11426578) and whose registered office is Pyghtle House, Chalkpit Lane,
Marlow, Bucks, SL7 2PN. Please ensure that you read the Terms carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
- We act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you
enter into or for any services or arrangements you purchase (“arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s)
or party(ies) connected with any arrangements. For all arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the arrangements.
- These Terms, as amended from time to time, apply to all bookings including those made by telephone, e-mail, online, in writing or by any
- These Terms will become binding on you, and you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms on behalf of any other persons detailed on the
booking on the earliest of: a) you paying us a Reservation Deposit or (b) you making full payment of the cost of your villa.
- When you submit a booking to us, this does not mean we have accepted your booking. Our acceptance of the booking will take place as described
in clause 4 when a binding contract is entered into.
- By making a booking, the first named person on the booking form agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that: (a) the details
they are providing are complete and accurate; (b) he/she has read these Terms and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them; (c)
placing an order for services with age restrictions, declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase
- Upon making a booking we will issue you with a Pro Forma invoice which will detail the Reservation Deposit and the Security Deposit if
applicable together with the due date for the final payment. Please check your Pro Forma invoice carefully and immediately notify us of any
inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Upon receipt of your Reservation Deposit we will issue you with a Concierge Form which will detail your accommodation booked, arrival and
departure dates, number of people in your party together with any other booking requests for you to complete together with a credit card
authorisation form for incidentals ordered which will be payable direct to the supplier. We ask that you check your Concierge Form carefully
and immediately notify us of any inaccurate or incomplete information and return this to us at your earliest convenience.
- If any payment is not received by the due date as detailed on the Pro Forma invoice the supplier concerned may treat your booking as
cancelled and cancellation charges may apply.
- In the event that a reservation is made within 14 days of arrival and payment is made via debit/credit card, the following supporting
documents must be provided in order to secure the reservation: (a) a copy of front & back of payment card (b) a copy of cardholders
identification (drivers license/passport) (c) proof of cardholders address (recent utility bill/statement)
- Should you instruct your credit/debit card company to “charge back” any payment(s) properly due from you in respect of your booking, we
further reserve the right to cancel your booking and/or take legal action against you for all outstanding payment(s) in the event that a
“charge back” is made.
- Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking Conditions of the supplier concerned, all monies you pay to us for arrangements will
be held on behalf of the supplier(s) concerned
- The suppliers of the properties we offer reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time and correct errors in both advertised and
confirmed prices. All prices quoted include all taxes.
Cancellation or Booking changes requests booking by you
- If you need to cancel a confirmed booking, cancellation charges will generally be payable and the amount of such charges vary between
suppliers, these are detailed within the suppliers’ Terms and Conditions which are available from us upon request. Making changes to a booking
may not always be possible.
- Any request for changes to a booking must be made to us in writing by the person who made the booking which may be subject to payment of an
administration fee dependant on the suppliers’ Terms and Conditions and will be notified to you before you choose to proceed with any change.
- Where a change in the booking is not possible and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking, we will treat this as a cancellation
by you and cancellation charges will apply as per the suppliers’ Terms and Conditions which are available from us upon request.
Booking Changes requests by the Supplier
- It is unlikely that the supplier will have to make any changes to your confirmed booking arrangements or cancel. In this rare event the
suppliers’ Terms and Conditions will apply which are available from us upon request.
- A Security Deposit will usually be detailed on our Pro Forma Invoice however some suppliers may take a credit card imprint on your arrival
and require that you sign a form agreeing to pay for damages.
- You and your party are responsible for all damage and loss to the villa and its contents during your stay. If you or any member of your party
causes any damage to the villa or any item in it or on its premises, you and/or your party may be required to pay for the loss and/or damage
caused to the fullest extent and in this event you and each member of your party jointly and individually responsible.
- The Security Deposit will be required from you to cover:
- Damage or loss to villa contents; and/or
- Excessive cleaning costs; and/or
- Excessive electricity use (e.g. air conditioning on full with external doors left open).
- A full and detailed check of the villa will take place by the management company after your departure. You will be advised of any faults or
damages found after this check and we will advise you as soon as possible of the cost of repair or replacement.
- Anything damaged, spoilt or broken will be charged to you at the replacement cost. Any items having to be purchased will be replaced ‘like
for like’ to the same quality and standard.
- The Security Deposit will be refunded by bank transfer or cheque once the villa has been checked following your departure. In the event that
the villa or its contents are damaged or broken in any way or lost then charges will be deducted from the Security Deposit and any refund that
may be due to you will be paid after repair or replacement is made for the appropriate item. Should the Security Deposit not cover the cost of
repairing all the damage caused and/or replacing any items that are damaged, then we will invoice you for additional funds to make up the
difference. You agree to pay our invoice for such additional damage or replacement costs within 14 days of the invoice being sent to you.
- The Security Deposit, less any charges, will usually be refunded within 14 days after your departure date. However, the refund may take
longer due to public holidays and/or if you dispute a charge and time is required to investigate.
- The suppliers of your arrangements cannot be responsible for any loss of valuables or property during your stay or left behind after
- The suppliers concerned or their agents may visit your rental property to inspect the property or carry out any necessary repairs or
maintenance during the course of your stay. Where possible the timings will be notified to you in advance.
- The number of persons occupying your rental property must not exceed the number on your confirmation unless you obtain prior approval of the
supplier concerned in writing. No parties, weddings or large gatherings allowed in the villas without written permission.
- Pets are not permitted at the properties we offer unless agreed in writing by us with the suppliers’ consent. In addition smoking is strictly
prohibited within all villas.
- Use of swimming /plunge pools is entirely at your own risk. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times in and
around swimming /plunge pools/
- You should at all times have consideration for other people. If in the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier’s opinion, you or any
member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to
property, the supplier concerned will be entitled, without prior notice, to terminate your arrangements. In this situation, you and your party
will be required to leave the accommodation or other service and the supplier concerned will have no further responsibility to you including
making any alternative accommodation or travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and the supplier will not pay any expenses or costs
incurred as a result of the termination
- We endeavour to ensure that all the information on our website and in our brochures is accurate; however, occasionally errors occur and we
reserve the right to correct details in such circumstances.
- The suppliers reserve the right to change the interior room configurations, the furnishings, the fixtures and fittings of the villa and all
other equipment in, or appearance of the villa.
- The suppliers cannot accept any liability for disruption to your holiday caused by building work, including but not limited to disruption
caused by noise or dust. You accept that you will not be entitled to any refund or compensation as a result of any such disruption.
- Many of the properties are located in residential areas where refurbishment work may be happening on a neighbouring property over which the
suppliers have no control and are not given prior notice of such work to neighbouring properties. If after you have made a booking the
suppliers become aware of such building works and it may reasonably be considered that such works will seriously impair the enjoyment of your
holiday they will work to find alternative accommodation in such circumstances.
- If you have cause for complaint whilst staying in the villa, this must be brought to the supplier concerned or onsite Manager immediately to
give them the opportunity to rectify matters.
- If you have any complaints concerning any services we provide, you must inform us straight away in writing and in any event within 28 days of
the end of any arrangements booked through us. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified. Our maximum liability to you
if we are found to have been at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by any third party for whom we
are not responsible) is limited to the commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the booking in question. We do not exclude
or limit any liability for death or personal injury which arises as a result of our negligence or that our employees whilst acting in the
course of their employment.
- You are strongly recommended to take out comprehensive personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some suppliers require that
you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs to cover
risks including, but not limited to any loss or damage, the cost of cancellation by you, cancellation or curtailment in the event of “Force
Majeure” and assistance (including repatriation) in the event of medical treatment, accident or illness. Please read your policy details on
receipt and take them with you on holiday.
- It is the party leader’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health
documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by you. Unless you tell us otherwise, we are
entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire
duration of the arrangements you chose to purchase. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport into
Barbados due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
- British citizens require a full 10 year passport valid for a period of at least 6 months beyond their holiday return date and at present a
visa is not required to enter Barbados. Entry requirements into Barbados may change and you must check the up to date position in good time
before departure. A full British passport presently can take up to 6 weeks to obtain. If you or any member of your party is 16 or over and
haven't yet got a passport we therefore recommend that you should apply for one at least 6 weeks before your holiday. The UK Passport Service
has to confirm your identity before issuing your first passport and will ask you to attend an interview in order to do this. If you or any
member of your party is not a British citizen or holds a non-British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy
or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel.
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office publishes regularly updated travel information on its website www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados which you are recommended to consult before booking and in good time
- There are presently no compulsory heath requirements for most British citizens for Barbados. However, it is your responsibility to ensure you
are aware of all recommended vaccinations and health precautions for you in good time before departure. Details are available from your GP
surgery and from the National Travel Health Network and Centre www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
- Vaccination and other health requirements/recommendations are subject to change at any time. Please therefore check with a doctor or clinic
not less than six weeks prior to departure to ensure that you have met the necessary requirements and have the applicable information.
Information on health abroad is also available on www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Travelhealth
- These Terms and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. You agree that any dispute, claim or other
matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales